Tuesday, May 25, 2010

The good news is that I own a yarn store and am surrounded by lots of beautiful yarn and can pick any project and any yarn I wish. The bad news is that I own a yarn store and am surrounded by lots of beautiful yarn and can pick any project and any yarn I wish. It's so hard to choose. But sometimes something really catches my eye. A few weeks ago, Sydney came in with a partially done Andrea Shawl and it was just gorgeous, even if it wasn't completed. She used K1C2's Crock a Dye sock yarn and Jojoland Melody Superwash for the striping. I fell in love and immediately faved it on Ravelry.  Then Gwen came in with one made out of Woolbearers' Hand Dyed Raw Silk.  She was just waiting for the right project for the her yarn. I had to agree it was a great choice.








 I was waiting for the right yarn to come along for my Andrea Shawl.  A few weeks ago, a customer who moved to Vermont called me and asked if I could get her some yarn.  No one else seemed to have it.  I didn't either, but that doesn't stop me.  I made a few phone calls and decided to order a few colorways of the yarn.  It's called Kiwi from Zealana yarns and it is comprised of Merino, cotton and possum (no, not roadkill!).  Anyway, it came last week and that was that.  I knew I had to knit my shawl with this yarn.  It's a fingering weight yarn that has a bit of loft to it, so it is nice and soft and a pleasure to knit with.  I decided to stripe mine with some Woolbearers' Hand dyed Woolie Bears sock yarn.  I think it was a good choice.  I'm having fun knitting this -- once you get past the endless border piece, it knits up quickly.  Only about 90 more rows to go!

I just had to take a picture of Jane's unfinished project.  She decided ot knit a simple pullover sweater from a pattern she has had for about 40 years.  We went over to the Vintage Wool and played with colors and I think we came up with a great color combo.


Just love Sabra's Gaia Shoulder Hug made out of Zauberball sock yarn


And here is the baby hat made with leftover Zauberball Starke 6 friom the BSJ
Here is the Zealana Kiwi Fingering weight yarn

No comments: