Saturday, June 18, 2016

Here is my June Newsletter, in case you missed getting it.

I went to TNNA in Washington DC last weekend and am excited about all the new Fall yarns that will be coming in. 

I  met with and scheduled two designers (Lars Rains, author of Modern Lopi and Cynthia Spencer)  to come to Woolbearers this fall.  Here is Lars' Hildur which won first prize in the Indie Designers Contest.


The highlight of the weekend was the fashion show. Xandy Peters' "Seashell Shawl" 
Seashells Shawl (on left)
(yarn dyed by yours truly)  was in the Independent Designers contest  It was very exciting -- one of her designs will grace the cover of the Early Fall edition of Vogue Knitting in yarn by Ancient Arts Fibre Crafts and of course, I ordered all the colors for the shawl, as well as a good assortment of other colors. Since I ordered before the show, I expect shipment in a few weeks.




Indie Dyers

MollyGirl yarns
There are so many indie dyers -- so I decided to bring in some of the best.  I already received my shipment from MollyGirl Yarns - all Fingering/sock weights in 3 different bases.

Gradient yarns are hot right now -- Appletree Knits is one of the best for gradients and we will have her yarn here soon.












Biscotte and Cie are known for their self-striping yarn, The yarn should be here in July.

 I already mentioned Ancient Arts Fibre - getting in their 8-ply cable heavy fingering/sport weight.

Meadowcroft Dyeworks is a fairly new company. I chose a lot of their semi-solid colors that are deeply saturated.  Can't wait till this comes in,















My Madelinetosh order just came in - new colorways in Tosh Merino LIght.














And of course, Woolbearers has their own line of hand dyed yarns.  I've dyed lots of gradient kits and have a section of the store dedicated to patterns that use gradient kits.  I also dyed kits for the "On the Spice Market" shawl for a KAL starting June 26th. Click here for more info

















Kate Davies new book 

I am excited to be getting in the first copies of Kate Davies new book, "The Bookof Haps".  Shipping is sometime next week.  The book has 13 shawl designs by some of the top designers.  We will definitely have to do a KAL for this book.



Comfy Cardigan KAL

We will be starting our Comfy Cardigan KAL on Saturday, July 9th. Sarah Punderson, the designer, was kind enough to send me 3 different samples of the cardigan made out of 3 different yarns.  Come in and see which one you like best. The cardigan has a top-down construction -- great for beginners and experienced knitters too. For more info, or info on any class click here.


                   SWOON MAINE TRUNK SHOW COMING IN JULY


Meet-up
Our next meet-up is scheduled for Friday, July 8th at 6 pm.  Click  for more info

No comments: