Friday, December 28, 2007

Jane's vest is knit of my favorite yarn, Jamieson Shetland. She came in one day and bought the yarn and came back three days later with the vest done and a few more things started. She is amazing!

I got to see customers from all over the area and further today. Lou from Ontario came in with her delightful niece. Lou always wears something she knit and today it was a gorgeous shrug of Nolita, a Lily Chin yarn. I wish I would have taken a picture of her. Lou always looks beautiful. It was great seeing her again.

Pat from Wall Township made one of her twice yearly jaunts today. She comes in, we give her a basket, and she loads up. She always brings us gifts, too, of beautiful jewelry she makes herself.

Jean and Jill from the Bethlehem area also came in today for a nice long visit. We belong to the North Country Spinners guild in Blairstown, NJ and took the self stripping yarn dyeing class together in October. We also took the dye workshop at Prochemical in Westport, MA together last July. It was one of the most grueling classes I have ever taken. Having my friends suffering along with me made it so much more fun!!!

Judy came in for a quick visit, and then Joann and Elda came to sit a spell. It was old friends day. Judy is knitting the Wrap Me Up shawl, Joann is working on several crochet project and weaving like a maniac, and Elda is finishing up the cardigan from hell and dreaming about the Kidsilk Haze mitered square shawl that everyone is making now.

Phyllis is finishing up her Wrap Me Up and it is gorgeous. I'll get a picture of it before she gives it to her daughter. Susie came in to get more Paint Box for her Wrap. She used a combination of yarns, including a mohair boucle that Woolbearers dyes. It's beautiful and unusual. Lisa got Cascade 128 to strand with Nolita for a great hat and muff she is knitting from an old pattern. It's going to look great. Linda got my favorite Claudia colorway, Copper Pennies.

Suzanne came home from college for the holiday and is working for us again. She is the master skeiner! Amazing!

So although I'm not getting much knitting done, I'm seeing my friends every day. That is what is so nice about having a knitting shop!

No comments: