Monday, October 19, 2009

Rhinebeck







I love going up to Rhinebeck. I remember when it was a much smaller show and you didn't have to fight the crowds every minute. There is so much to see - you get on sensory overload and everything looks the same after a while. I did run into some old friends -- sorry don't have pictures of anyone. I got a big hug from Mr. Otto from Strauch Fibers, where we get the finest drum carders and ball winders; Heidi from Woodstock Knits --- we have her kits and yummy alpaca yarn; Sharyn from Punta Yarns -- Punta's Merisoft has been a big hit and signing books was Mary Beth Temple, who will be teaching a crochet class at Woolbearers on Nov 1. If you haven't signed up already, do so quickly!

Socks -- OK, so I finally succumbed. I had a dye class a few weeks ago and was trying to figure out what to knit with the sock yarn I dyed. So, socks seemed reasonable. I didn't realize how meditative knitting socks could be. I couldn't put this one down and am actually knitting the second sock!














Sydney came in today to show off her new Shibuiknit socks. The pattern is from the latest issue of Knitty.com
















Kris couldn't wait to come in and show me her just finished White Lies Design "Evangeline" made from Rowan Silk/Wool. Isn't is just gorgeous?















Deb came in with a dilemma. She is knitting the Every Way Wrap from Interweave Knits Fall 2009. She had missed doing the cable quite a few rows down and didn't want to rip out the knitting she had already done. So, I told her to drop down to where the problem was and pick up the stitches, remembering to cross at every other row as she was picking up the stitches. And she did so successfully!













No comments: