Wednesday, October 27, 2010

New Projects and old projects.



I love those Churchmouse patterns and have decided to knit each one of them. So far, I've knit Barb's Koigu Ruffled Scarf and the Beaded Koigu Beret.

The ruffle scarf is done from two colors of Claudia Fingering 55 (merino/silk blend) and the beret is of course, Koigu KPPPM.  Love that Koigu!

 





 The next project on my list of Churchmouse patterns is the Koigu Linen Stitch Scarf.  Sandra and Julie decided to knit one as well.  The pattern calls for using 3 colors of Koigu --- 2 rows of each color until you have about 6 inches.  Sandra's scarf is shown first and she used 2 of the same colors as I did, (my scarf is second with a close-up of the linen stitch). I'm amazed at how different the colors look.  Julie's is the next one and she used different colors altogether, but it still looks similar to mine.  I just love this stitch.  It has a woven look and makes me almost want to learn to weave.  (emphasis on the almost)


Teri made the ruffled scarf out of Merisock Handpaint -- the possibilities are endless with this scarf.


Katy brought in some projects that she made a while ago.   Here is the Lady Eleanor shawl from Scarf Style out of Noro Silk Garden


The biggest treat was this absolutely gorgeous sweater that Katy knit from the Vogue Fall 1989 called Ivory and Pearls Cardigan. 


No comments: