Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Even though I haven't finished my Botanica, we are starting another KAL. This one is a lace project from Marianne Isager, called the Icelandic Bridal Shawl, from her Spring/Summer 2009 collection. I am just casting on. I had a hard time deciding what cast on to do for 430 stitches. I know that Sabra has been successfully using the cable cast-on for her entrelac shawl class, but I wanted something a little looser, but sturdy. So, I definitely did not want the e-wrap cast-on. The long-tail cast-on is great for most things, but I thought it might not be stretchy enough for lace. So, I googled lace cast-on and found Eunny Jang's website. She suggested using a lace cast-on, which is also known as the knitted cast-on. I figure that she must know what she is talking about, so on I go -- only 415 more stitches! The KAL is starting this Sunday, June 28th at 1 pm. If you can't make it on Sundays, come to our knit -in on Thursdays at 12 pm.

This has been a busy few weeks. TNNA was last weekend. I bought some new things, which I'll talk about at a later time. Emma had a birthday and Zach graduated from high school.












While I was away, our Knit to Fit class was wrapping up another session. Joann is almost finished with her sweater, Joan is close and Ann is plugging away. They are all coming back in another month to show off their finished projects.





This darling baby sweater was completed by Regina, who has only been knitting for 4 months. Didn't she do a great job?







Kris finished her first crochet project! Isn't it beautiful?








Here is a ruffled scarf that Kris knit out of Blue Heron Rayon Metallic yarn.




Sandra knit the Drop Stitch scarf from Vogue Spring/Summer 2009 out of Schaefer Susan. The colorway is Empress Wu Zhao - gorgeous!


Janet has been busy knitting the Peace Shawl pattern from IKnitiative. The first one is out of Jojoland Superwash Melody, the second is out of Jojoland Rhythm and the last one is Kauni Color EQ.






















Jane loves blue and loves making socks. The mottled solid blue is Malabrigo and the striped blue is Mini Mochi. She loves the Mountain Color sock patterns.






Bonnie has been busy making BSJ. This one is out of J.Knits Super Sporty









No comments: