Tuesday, October 16, 2007






Yarn. We drove home from Baltimore with more yarn than we went there with. How did this happen, you ask? Well, for one thing, we met up with Rex and Bijorn. Bijorn is a 'yarn painter' extraordinaire.... He also produces faster than any other dyer I know. (Except for maybe Myra when she has had too much coffee..) Last June, at TNNA, we arranged with the guys to have a trunk show of their wonderful yarn and kits of yarn at Woolbearers between Stitches and Christmas. When we made these arrangements, we thought it would be a little box of yarn.

Well, you, my friends, will be the beneficiaries of Bijorn and Rex's generosity because not only did we have so much yarn in the van coming home that I had to dump some empty baskets at the rest area in Havre de Grace because I couldn't stand them piled on my thighs anymore, but we also had to ship three giant boxes to the store. I can't wait for them to arrive. Today, several customers were disappointed when I couldn't sell them some of Bijorn's yarn because I didn't know how much to charge! The prices are in one of the yet to arrive boxes.

Myra found a new sock yarn for us to dye. It was a big hit at Stitches. Fortunately, we had some that never dried in time to take with us. It is a blend of 75% wool and 25% nylon, superwash and super soft. Some of our new colorways pictured above, are Purple Reign, Chocolate Rain, Blue Lagoon, Aerial View, Tartan (really an old one, but renewed in this yarn), and about five versions of Matt's Tatts. It's a bargain at $18.95 for 396 yards.

Soon I will post pictures of Bijorn's yarn for all to drool over.

1 comment:

Tola said...

oh those are so pretty!! remind Mike i need one, please!