Thursday, January 03, 2008


Happy New Year! I celebrated by starting another project. I had a change of heart; my former rule was don't start anything else until something gets finished. Hogwash! It is so exciting to start a new project!

We are doing inventory and on Saturday, I was counting some leaflet patterns when I came across Tradewinds Patterns. The Falling Leaf Vest is designed by Lucy Neatby. I like any plant or animal motifs, and so this was right up my alley. It calls for a sport weight or DK weight yarn and immediately Babyboo by Knit One Crochet Too came to mind. It is a very beautiful, 45% Bamboo, 55% Nylon machine washable yarn that I think is intended for baby wear. When we got it, I thought that the high nylon content might make it perfect for socks.

I chose the hot pink because the shirts we wear at the store are pink and they might look nice together. The yarn in wonderful to work with. No splitting or twisting, very soft and drapey. I love it. Oh, something new, I am making this for myself, something I never do.

The pattern has a very easy method for enlarging it. I need it a little roomier than the largest size is so I don't have to walk around holding my stomach in all day. Don't think the back muscles would last long.

No comments: