Tuesday, June 24, 2008

February Lady Sweater

It's surprising how many knitters I know who are starting this great sweater. Right now, many of us are loving anything that is Elizabeth Zimmerman. The February Lady Sweater is a version of EZ's February Baby Sweater. Pamela Wynne offers the pattern free on her blog, and if you are a Ravelry member, there as well.

I spent two days thinking about what I would knit mine of. This is really going to be for me. So, instead of my usual xs size project, this is an XL. A lot of knitting.

After lots of consulting with customers and partner, I decided on Somerset Pima Silk by Plymouth in a soft lilac. I cast on and have been knitting away and already think it was a great choice. It's going to be nice and cool, drapey, and not add too many inches. The yarn is incredibley soft and a great price as well. I got 12 skeins and it's going to cost less than $70.

As soon as I get enough knitted to look like something, I'll take a picture and post it.

No comments: