Friday, August 15, 2008

Inspiration
Jen and Delaney with their pile of lovely yarn! Their excitement is infectious!

In the spirit of Handpaint Country, Shear Spirit gives you a chance for some healthy
fiber voyeurism.
A Fine Fleece celebrates knitting with handspun yarns.
The Great American Kid's Afghan, for all of you who are going crazy knitting squares.
Another great children's pattern book by Reynolds, using Play Time and Hopscotch.





Harmony Lace from Jojoland. 880 yards for $8.60....I think I want to knit more lace. Can you use flash cards while knitting a big lace shawl???






This week we continued to receive orders that we had placed at TNNA in June. Mind you, we have to order constantly, and we saw a sales rep last month in spite of seeing him in Columbus, too. So far, the things that stand out in my mind are the books we got from Manos, Harmony Lace Weight from JoJoland, and a huge box from Rowan that I want to lay down upon.

Last night, several of us got together to knit at Bung's Tavern in Florence. Yeah, that's right, a bar. Except for the fact that it was starting to get a little dark, it's a nice place to hang out with knitters, plus the food isn't bad. Anyway, the discussion got around to stash and UFOs, which it usually does, and the general consensus was that something should get finished before anything else is purchased. I start to hyperventilate when I think of taking anything else out of inventory to start a new project. That was before I looked at the new books from Manos Del Uruguay.


In Numero 2, a collection of simple, yet exciting projects knit of Manos Silk Blend, include a fun shrug poncho thing with arm holes called Torshavn. It looks like it is knit in garter stitch, my personal favorite.

Wool Clasica 9 and Collection 10 are classic designs that don't look like they were made for a slender teenager. I love the sweater called Philadelphia in Manos Wool Clasica 9.

Geometry is a collection of throws knit of octagons and squares.

When I opened the box they came in, I just said, 'Why, why?' Anway, it is forcing me to knit like a devil on the Stonington Shawl, just to get it done and out of the way, because I am knitting something from these books.
Fed Ex just came and dropped off a box of sock yarns and some silk yarn from Aussie....I'll take pictures and post them tomorrow.







No comments: