Monday, April 21, 2008

Women have many things to do on their day off work. You never truly get a day off. If your kids are still home, you do things for them. When they leave, you do things for your dogs. One of the reasons I am still wearing glasses from 15 years ago is that I hate to take the time to go have my eyes checked. It's easier to be blind. I have put off having a mammogram and am constantly reminded by my loving customers that we must do that once a year.
So today, I went, stood on my head, and had the squeeze. I asked the technicians and receptionist if anyone knit there; my camera was fired up, but alas, no one knit! I found that so strange that in a room full of women, not a knitting needle was available. I must figure out a way to change that....

While I was in the area, I stopped in at Marcy's, of helmet liner and sock fame, and she made me a delicious asparagus omelet. I know I am a pest with the camera, and here she is, dishing out the goods. I also nosed around and found these great Opal socks in progress.
Marcy's comfortable home is filled with family treasures and mementos from her journeys. I could have curled up on her porch in her grandmother's rocker, and knit away for the rest of the day.

1 comment:

Too Twisted Donna said...

Soooooooooooo Glad you had
your mammo!!!!!!!

Nice knitting pics too!!