Sunday, December 17, 2006





Join Our Lace Scarf Knit-along! Last weekend at Woolbearers we held a lace scarf class taught by popular knitting teacher, Gwen. There was some discussion about all the techniques that are involved in the pattern, which got my interest. The collection of lace scarves and shawls by Margaret Anne Halas are each more interesting than the next. Gwen chose Oak Leaf, shown above, for the class. She knit one in Hand Jive Knits and another in Turquoise Jeans by Claudia Handpaints shown above before blocking. Ellen's scarf in Chocolate
Covered Cherries Claudia Handpaints is about three inches into the tails. My scarf is done in JoJoland Cashmere blend sock yarn and I am just beginning the tails. I only had size three needles when I started it (I own a yarn store) so the lace stitches are a little closed. I cannot wait to do another one on bigger needles, out of Rowan Kidsilk Haze.

Please join us as we knit these interesting and beautiful scarves. Margaret Anne Halas patterns are available online at our online store .

I'll keep you posted about the progress of the knitters at the store and hope you'll keep us posted about your progress.