Thursday, May 08, 2008

Best Knitting Store in South Jersey!!!
Here's our booth at the Best of party in Voorhees at The Mansion. It was a wonderful party! We met so many great people, saw some old customers, and had a fun evening with our husbands. And we felt so honored that our customers took the time to vote for us!
I'm at the stage of life where I will do almost anything to try to improve my appearance. Ali is our Mary Kay consultant and she kindly came and made over my make up, with an audience, I might add and answered questions patiently and graciously. It's a desperate woman who will submit to a public demonstration, but I got my make up done and gave our customers some free entertainment in the bargain... Oh, did you know that Godiva White Chocolate liquour is not a carb free food??? Damn! BTW, my husband did comment on how nice and smooth my skin looked! Gotta love that mineral make up.
Ali and her husband, shopping for wool!
Brynn's really great pillow cover out of Cotton Perles, colorway Solar Fire. The yarn is fun to dye and knit, but not the softest cotton we have, I think because of the unusual twist that makes the slubs in the yarn. This is a perfect use for it, along with outerwear.
The Mitered Quilt Wrap, knit by Brynn. I think this is destined to be a classic.
Dori, our favorite pilot, and her daughter, with yet another remarkable baby dress. She goes to Europe and knits between flights.....
Marila, with her Stitch n' Bitch face mask! In progress.
Andee, the gal who helps us make display changes around the store because of her design background, with Beth.
Jill's beautiful Elizabeth Zimmerman Square Baby Blanket. The adorable baby booties are from Helloyarn, and the sweater is a pattern she has done before. It makes a really special baby gift.
Kelly's rib warmer of wool boucle in Amber Lace colorway.
The tree square from the Great American Afghan, again Kelly's.
The mitered square jacket from Jameison Shetland Book 3 which we found out is sadly out of print. The designer is none other than Nadine Shapiro! I love her designs. The jacket was originally knit of Jameison shetland, but the colors were discontinued, so Kelly is using Lopi. She loves knitting this.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woohoo!! Huge congrats and hugs! You are definitely my favorite store on the east coast!!!!!

Heidi

Anonymous said...

It is wonderful that the rest of South Jersey knows what all of your customers, including me, already did!
This recognition is such a great reward for all the hard work and dedication that the both of you have put into the store and local fiber community.
I am really glad that you enjoyed your make-over and would love to pamper you again. It is always great fun as well as awesome stress relief.
Alison (aka Mary Kay Fiber Addict)