Tuesday, July 15, 2008

It’s so neat to see my student’s finished projects – especially when it’s been a big project. Here are some pictures of Jill’s Adult Surprise Jacket all finished. She knit it out of Plymouth Royal Bamboo, Brown Sheep Cotton Fleece and Woolbearer’s Hand dyed cotton. (that's Jill's hubby in the background)

Speaking of finished – I actually finished the Hemlock Ring Blanket in record time. It was so much fun to knit and I loved using the Vermont Organic O-Wool. It only took 2 1/2 skeins and is abut 36" around. It isn’t quite as large as I had hoped – I was going to add a few more feather and fan repeats, but then I decided if we are going to do a KAL in the shop, I might as well make another one out of something variegated. I can’t decide between the Kauni or the Jojoland Rhythm. I’ll keep you posted. Those of you looking for the pattern, go to Brooklyn Tweed's blog and you'll find all the info you need. Just a warning -- there is a mistake in the pattern and I found this yahoo group really helpful. There's also a group on Ravelry working on the blanket.

While Joan wasn’t one of my students, she did take a sock class with Sabra last winter and can’t stop knitting socks or this beautiful shawl out of Woolbearers Hand dyed Cotton.













Dori is a prolific knitter and when she is not flying off to Paris or Jamaica (she is an airline pilot), she is knitting up a storm. Here, her daughter is showing off Mom’s knitting.











Hannah is another gal who always has something on the needles . Here is her shawl from Victorian Lace out of Kid Silk Haze.









Another clapotis from Kathy out of Woolbearers Hand dyed Pima Cotton.







Joann is another amazing weaver, crocheter, knitter --- you name it, Joann can do it. Here is her crocheted Infinity Wrap and a piece of woven fabric













I couldn’t resist taking a picture of some of our hand dyed roving.








Friday Night Meetups have turned out to be big gatherings of a great group of women! Here are some pix.

No comments: