Wednesday, May 27, 2009

A number of my customers made pink and green squares that were sewn together in a huge banner by the volunteers of Codepink with the saying you see on the left for Mother's Day. The banner covered the fence in front of the White House. If you want to see more pix of the day go here . Amy Ferris wrote a beautiful piece entitled "What color is peace" talking about the day.


Lots of crocheting going on at Woolbearers. Gwen used some stash yarn (Lily Chin, I think) to whip up this beautiful scarf. Joanna made this great little hat, out of something self-striping.







Alice keeps knitting away on new projects. Here she is showing off her Classic Elite cotton/bamboo top.

Jane needed to make a baby blanket and used Muench's Big Baby - so soft and cuddly.







My beginning knitting students are starting other projects, besides Barbara Walker's Learn to knit afghan. Here, Teena, needed a shawl for a dress that she just bought. She fell in love with our hand dyed sterling and is knitting away. I just love how this stuff knits up. Ceil is showing off her first scarf -- it's made out of Cascade Venezia and is from a free Cascade pattern ( you can find it on their website)













Drum Roll please! Lest you all think I never finish anything, the Great American Afghan is finally completed. Ok -- I didin't do much of the finishing (thank you Sabra), and Sabra did knit 4 of the squares, so that leaves me with 21 squares -- it was a lot fun to knit and now I just have to figure out how to display it. I took a look at my ravelry page and it says that I started it in Dec 2007. Anyone else finish??





This pile of yarn is turning into















this sweater.












The pattern is from Interweave Summer 2009, Filet Patch Blouse by Teva Durham. At first I thought it was crocheted. but each square is knit --- filet knitting it's called. It took a while to get used to reading the chart for this, but once you get going, it's a breeze. I don't carry the yarn it calls for, and was debating what to use. Finally it dawned on me to dye my own wool boucle, which is what I did. My colors came very close to what Teva used and I have to say I think the yarn is perfect for this project. So, I have to get back to knitting -- can't wait to finish this one!

No comments: