Wednesday, July 29, 2009


Stitch 'n Pitch -- This is the view I had. We waited for about 1/2 hour and it was pouring, so my kids wanted to leave. I understand that the game was rained out anyway. Oh well!






Sabra and Amy are showing off their beautiful Botanicas.












On Saturday I dragged out my Strauch drumcarder to demonstrate for some customers. Amy was really interested so I played around for a little while after they left. I took some raw fleece that I had dyed different colors and put it through the drum carder.







Then I made a few small batts. The pix with the two balls are batts that I layered and then z-stripped and made into roving, for easier spinning.

I couldn't resist the lure of the spinning wheel and sat down and spun for a while. So therapeutic.






Eva stopped in to find yarn to make a shawl for her best friend, Carrie. While she was here she showed off her Lady Eleanor shawl made out of Kudo. Can you believe this is just one colorway?









Gwen showed off her latest creation -- a scarf made out of soft, smushy Buffalo -- from Buffalo Gold.







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Julie says that spinning is very therapeutic for her too! She says she much prefers it to knitting.

Terry