Monday, September 14, 2009

NEW BEGINNINGS. I took my son to college for the first time -- my alma mater, so at least I had some familiarity. Here they are setting up for the parent orientation. Of course, he would not let me take a picture of him, like I had each and every first day of school since kindergarten. Time to let go.





It's almost fall and time for some sheep and wool festivals. Woolbearer's had a booth at the Garden State Sheep Breeder's 2009 festival. It was lots of fun, even though it rained all day Saturday -- all the fiber junkies were still there.












Joanna is showing off her lastest lace project out of Kauni. Will try for a better pix next time.














Louise and Donna love working on their Wrap me up Shawls made out of Boku. They like it so much that they bought cotton yarns to do another one. Donna bought Ty-Dy Cotton and Louise got lots of Woolbearers hand dyed Cotton worsted. Can't wait to see those!











Finished my shrug made out of Imperial Stock Ranch pencil roving. It knit up in no time. Pattern is by Leigh Radford.









Gwen is working on the Nordique Swing cardigan by Veronik Avery -- made out of her new yarn, appropriately named Nordique. Woolbearers will be getting the trunk show from her new book in February 2010.






















Jojoland keeps pumping out these great patterns. Here is her latest -- Hidden Squares scarf. It uses 4 different superwash melody colorways -- isn't it beautiful? I made up some kits, so you don't have to hunt down all the colors.








No comments: