Saturday, December 26, 2009

A great way to start the new year -- finishing projects and starting new ones




This will be our fair isle class -- the Midnight Sun Tam designed by Sandy Blue using fingering weight yarn.
I did finish my "Citron" fairly quickly. It's a Knitty pattern and mine is done in Malabrigo Lace weight. This yarn is to die for --- so soft. I was afraid it was going to break since it's laceweight, but not one problem and did I say it was soft -- that is an understatement. I've seen this pattern knit up in different yarns -- I'm thinking of doing another one out of Kauni -- just enough color changes to make it really interesting.









I also finished my Mrs. Roosevelt mittens. Can't say enough about working with the Nordique yarn. In fact, we will be having a trunk show of all of Veronik Avery's patterns from her first St. Denis pattern book in February.










Gail came in to show me her latest creation from the Holiday issue of Vogue made out of Nashua Creative Focus Worsted.










Some pretty new yarns --- well, we've had the Blue Heron Rayon Metallic before, but I got some new colorways.











June showed off her new hand knit socks.







and BJ came in to show me her cardigan out of Woolbearers Cotton worsted.











Sara bought Woolbearers Ringspun/Alpaca blend at the Garden State Sheep Breeders show in the Fall and couldn't wait to show me her latest creation. It's a Knitty pattern ( can't remember the name of it -- sorry-- can someone help me?)














and Laura came in to show me what her mom knit out of our Alfresco yarn that she purchased at Garden State Sheep Breeders show too. Isn't it yummy?
















Jane and Teri have been knitting the same shawl from a Vogue on the go book out of Cascade Magnum














and Teri finished this scarf for her niece out of Tilli Thomas Disco Lights.









Joanna has yet another Luna Lovegood scarf -- this time out of Woolbearers hand dyed Sterling sock yarn and some silk for the edging. Isn't it gorgeous?




No comments: