Wednesday, August 04, 2010

So, there I was, driving to work one day, minding my own business when this rock came crashing through my windshield. Miraculously, it missed me by about 2 inches and landed in the trunk of my minivan.  The damage was only to my windshield.  Can you believe that?  I continued along to work because I knew I had to be there to receive a UPS delivery of new Rowan yarn and figure out how to get my car fixed!  A quick phone call to AAA got the Mobile Glass unit to my parked car the very next day and yes, the UPS man waited for me!






Here are some of the yummy things we got.

This is the new Rowan Drift yarn -- Big Wool as a tweed -- 2 st/inch

This is the new Rowan Renew yarn -- one of their "green" yarns.  It's made from recycled wool for a  great tweed effect -- 3 1/2 st/inch.
New from Shibui -- a collection of baby patterns and new sock colors


There's lots more new stuff -- I'll save it for later posts. Of course, you can see all the new yarn in person.  Here's a sneak peak at our new store layout

And here are some great customer projects.  Bonnie has been busy knitting shawls with Woolbearers' Handyed Sterling sock yarn.  The first one is Azzu's Shawl and second is the Traveling Woman Shawl

I thought these fingerless mitts were so cute.  Bonnie made them out of Classic Elite Wool Bamboo and Frog Tree Sportweight Alpaca.. Pattern is Mrs. Beeton from Winter 2005 Knitty

And here's my finished Seriously Simply Shawl  out of Kauni colorway EP.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the Kauni in the Seriously Simple shawl. Must be stunning on......

Linda W said...

Glad to know you have your priorities straight! Seriously though, glad you are OK.

Anonymous said...

On the rock... do we suspect happenstance, mischief, or is it a stray meteor??

Terry

woolbearers said...

The rock was apparently happenstance. I have no idea where it came from -- wasn't going under an overpass or anything like that.

Thanks for the nice comments on the shawl. It was fun to knit.