Wednesday, May 02, 2012


I  knew I was in trouble when I saw the Baby Venus Cardigan pattern from Lucy Neatby. It was calling to me.  Not just because I have tons of Kauni yarn. But, I just love Lucy Neatby.  I think she has a unique way of designing and this pattern left me sure of that. This looks like a  little baby sweater.  I downloaded the pattern.  It was 18 pages long.  Uh oh!    The sweater is made out of a bulky weight -- Kauni is considered fingering.  The Kauni needs to be triple-plied. 


So, the first thing you must do is Navajo-ply the yarn.  You do this so you can keep all the colors together in the same ply.  First you make a simple slip knot, then you continue to  put a slip knot within the next slip knot.  It becomes very rhythmic after a while.  I actually didn't mind when I had to stop knitting and ply more yarn.








The construction is interesting. You start knitting the sleeve first, do lots of short row shaping then do Judy's Magic Cast-on to increase the amount of stitches for the body. There is grafting involved.  She has lots of diagrams and abbreviations I've never heard of, but once I got the hang of it, it really went quickly and I love the outcome. Just make sure that you READ the directions if you decide to do this.






Trunk Show from Knit One, Crochet Too.  
Maizie Cardigan (Dungarease), Gingham Top (Dungarease) Beanstalks Cardigan (Nautika)

Hourglass Tank (Babyboo)

Athena Tank (Babyboo)

Running Stitch Child Cardi (Dungarease), Stadium Cardi (Nautika)



And, some new colors of Knit One, Crochet Too's Crock-O-Dye, a merino superwash/silk blend sock yarn

Koigu Magazines 2 & 3 are here




I think this Entrelac Jacket would make a great summer KAL  - what do you think?





No comments: