Monday, August 06, 2012

I know, I know, it's been a long time since I blogged --- ever since I got back from TNNA it seems that life has been non-stop and I haven't been sitting at the computer very much -- especially since I got an IPad. Every once in a while I go on Twitter.  My absolute favorite tweet is from Franklin Habit - he tweeted that he thought 50 shades of gray was a Cascade 220 order.  He is such a hoot!                                                                                                                                            TNNA was a blast and I bought waaay too much yarn.                                
Plymouth Baby Alpaca Aire
 Some of the Fall yarns are coming in -- 
Plymouth Grandiosa

Plymouth DeAire

Plymouth Sakkie - -  new sockweight yarn with Mohair --- very soft
Shibui Knits has the loveliest yarns and colors
Shibui Staccato, Silk Cloud and new Laceweight Cima
This is just the tip of the iceberg -- i'm not sure where I'm going to put all the new yarns.  And, I am bringing in some new fabulous companies -- can't wait.

I'll post more new yarns as they come in -- check out my facebook page for up-to-date yarn news.

New classes are being formed.  We will have more yarn and yoga sessions! Click here for more info on the yoga class as well as other knitting, spinning, weaving & crocheting classes.


Everyone has been busy knitting this summer.

Jane's baby blanket from 60 Quick Baby Projects out of Tahki Sportswool
Janet knit Opening Night vest designed by Lisa Myers out of Classic Elite Vista and  Misti Alpaca laceweight held doubled.  (modeled by Susan)

Linda did a fabulous job on her Watershed out of Rowan Summer Tweed
Debbi knit this wonderful design from French Girl knits out of Woolbearers  hand dyed Stotts Farm Lace
We have been diligently working on our Rams and Yowes blankets and a few gals have finished the fair isle part and are ready to cut steeks!  These pix are of Camille's blanket.  She asked me if I thought she should cut the steeks before or after vacation.  I voted for after vacation.  Can't wait until she gets back.


We have also been Mystery Shawl knitting.  Here are the beginnings of the Stephen West Mystery Shawl
Madelyn's is out of Madelintosh, of  course!
T
Aimee chose Isager Alpaca 2

Pat is knitting with her stash yarn

Stacey chose Dream in Color Smooshy with Cashmere and Heritage Sock yarn in Real Black

Cynthia is using Woolbearers Fingering weight yarn in two pretty colors -- Mustard and Apricot

I am also knitting one out of Woolbearers Fingering Weight

No comments: