Monday, April 15, 2013

Sometimes I feel like a drug pusher, oops I mean yarn pusher   --- all that yarn that makes you feel so goooood. I am more than happy to help people with their addiction.  Merino is yummy, but cashmere is one great high.  Every once in a while, a customer has forgotten something or needs an extra skein.  If they live near me, I'll offer to meet them somewhere near where we live.  Under the cover of darkness we make the exchange, in a secluded spot in a parking lot through car door windows. Just one more skein and then I'll quit.  Promise.   Yeah, right.

Just finished  knitting my Age of Brass and Steam shawl with Mimi, 100% mink and let me tell you -- this is good stuff.  Only took one skein. You can buy the yarn here.

I'll be getting more colors in -- right now there is black, red, navy and grey.   330 yards per skein and it knits at 6 stitches to the inch on a size 4 needle. 
Folks are still working on their Kate Davies projects from our KAL, using her new book - Colours of Shetland and Jamieson's Spindrift yarn. (Available here) Kathy just had to put thumbs in to her Ursula Mittens, which she did by the end of the session last Sunday.  I just can't believe she only started knitting last Fall.
 and here is one Stevenson Gauntlet  Kathy made with some leftovers
 
Karen is knitting the Scatness Tunic and has a few more rows to go before she gets to do the interesting part -- fair isle

Cindy is an amazingly fast knitter -- she has almost completed her Puffin Sweater -- that was a lot of stockinette in fingering weight (about 300 stitches per round)


Kim is also working on the Scatness Tunic and has 1 more inch to go. Everyone chipped in a little bit of their stash for color 105 so Kim could finish.  Our new Jamieson shipment is on its way!







My Scatness Tunic is not nearly as far along as everyone else's. 
What can I say?


Mary just finished a fair isle baby sweater out of Dale of Norway Baby Ull.  It's just beautful.

We had a great time at the Shibui Mix Yarn Tasting Party.  My Shibui Rep, Antonia  Shankland came and brought samples of all the Shibui yarns, pattern suggestions and info about all the yarns. We got to test out yarns, and try some different combinations. It was a lot of fun.
look at all of that bright watermelon color yarn

ShibuiKnits Trunk Show through April 22nd     Shibui Mix patterns No. 6 and & 7; and Array Cowl

Mix No, 10

Pattern SC.1 and Mix No. 9
Mix No. 8 and MA.1
Array Cowl and Mix  No. 7

MA 1 and Mix 8














I was so inspired that I decided to knit up the Melrose Tank designed by  Ruth Garcia-Alcantud from Knitscene Summer 2013 knit in ShibuiKnits Staccato -- in that watermelon color.  You can buy this yarn here   Now, who's addicted?


No comments: