Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Jill and Kris finishing their washcloths, but what is around your shoulders, Ms. Jill??? It's the Phiaro Scarf from Knitscene Winter 07 issue, done out of SWTC Phoenix in the Chocolate colorway. It's similar to the Clapotis. (By the way, I'm working on a colorway called Truman Clapotis.)


We should have the trunk show for Folk Style by the end of the week!!!! It has so many beautiful things to knit in it. The most popular seems to be the Quilt Wrap.

We are getting Douceur et Soie to replace Rowan's Kidsilk Haze, due to key colors being discontinued. Douceur et Soie is as high quality as Kidsilk Haze, at a better price. We will have it available in kit form soon. It will be offered in the darker colorway and the lighter.
Well here is the @#$%^&* hat. What is so hard about it? Nothing. It's my fault because I can't see. I haven't gotten my eyes checked in 12 years and my glasses are old. So I think I am counting correctly, which is key for this pattern, and actually, I have no idea what I'm doing. So finally, Beth and Gwen gave me some tips and I was able to figure it out without too much trouble. The swirl at the top isn't as crisp as I would have liked, but I am not tearing it out again. You probably won't see this sample in the store!

Kelly's afghan is coming together. Her color choices are slightly different than the book calls for, and they work! She has two more squares on needles.
Elda and Kelly are among the customers who make me glad we opened the store. They are our friends.

No comments: