Tuesday, February 19, 2008

The Real use for a garden tub no one tells you about.
Can't wait to reskein this to see how different it may look.

Mustard yellow Sterling on top and rust brown on the bottom. Looks washed out; colors are much richer in person.

Spiral Hat be gone....I'm going to tackle the hat again, today, if I get a chance. Late night knitting is not working for me anymore, which is a real sadness. I so love to get into bed with my knitting and lap top and the tv on Law and Order and my dogs (the four legged kind) around me. However, I found that most of what I knit in the wee hours will be ripped out in day light, so I am not allowing the knitting bags in the bedroom anymore. My husband is happy about that; more room for him.

Yesterday was one of the warmest days we have had in a while, so I took advantage of it and went to the barn to dye and card. Some of the yarn I had put to soak on Friday was frozen into a solid block of ice, so I moved on to other things. I dyed the Kraemer Sterling, which we are doing in solids, some superwash worsted, some Lanamira, and some Alfresco. The superwash I dyed in pinks and wanting some white to show, Ivory dye. It's slightly yellow, cream colored, but doesn't jar like plain white would. I ended up by staying out there until almost five. Made sure everything was unplugged; don't want a repeat of last week.... Myra is going to the airport to pick up our Gotland fleeces today. I CAN'T WAIT!!!! Just what we need; more wool.

No comments: